Wednesday, November 14, 2007

More revelations from the Piano Man.

A number of you have been asking about the status of the Seattle Piano Gallery issue. Well, I have not received a copy of any checks from the District as of this morning (11/14/07) and something tells me they will never be arriving. It looks like the District may have paid more than $100,000.00 for just four pianos - from a friend of Marla's.

[Anonymous]
Do you know a woman named Marla in Edmonds? She mentioned your piano lease program as a viable way to secure good quality pianos.

[Arnie]
I do know Marla. She's a wonderful person. We've done business before.


[Anonymous]
How did you meet Marla?

[Arnie]
We met in the Edmonds Rotary Club. We co-chaired the Edmonds Jazz Conection concerts 3 or 4 years ago.

You will have to pardon me for not feeling the same way about Marla. Maybe if I received preferential treatment, didn't have to compete for public business and was a member of the Edmonds Rotary Club, I might feel differently about her.

Fun Factoid: As a Rotary exchange student to South Africa from 1986 to 1987, I was blessed to be placed in Johannesburg at the age of fifteen. While there, I directly witnessed the effect of a corrupt and misguided government imposing their will upon a grossly oppressed African majority. It was this experience that led me back to Africa for long periods of time over the following twelve years. Rotary International has my unwavering gratitude for changing my life so dramatically. A summary may be found at http://www.markzandberg.com/.

No comments: