Friday, November 16, 2007

Have I been fired yet?

Let's explore the logic together for a moment.

The District claims that they were not trying to force me away from my job. The Letter of Direction I received was intended to offer constructive guidance and was not disciplinary in nature. It was not intended to remove nearly every professional function assigned to me - and yet that is precisely what it accomplished.

Why would the District now pay an outside agency to filter through a hard drive in a desperate search for the reason to terminate my employment? It is faulty logic. The District claims - without evidence - that I was conducting personal business with a district computer and therefore worthy of termination. Can they not see the fatal flaw in their analysis?

The District was saying: We were not looking for a reason to fire you, so it isn't possible that we were actively seeking to constructively terminate you.

The District is now saying: We are currently looking for a reason to fire you, even though you haven't worked for the District in nearly six months.

I find it amusing. Please let me know when you finally fire me. I would like a letter. I wonder what the District would call the time between my departure and the date of effective termination? A vacation or paid administrative leave?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,

They were trying to force you away from your job, they constructively terminated you, they, or one of their stooges, wrote a letter to your new employer to try and get you in trouble, they've had their lawyers harass you with threats and accusations, and now they're looking for reasons for terminating you in the first place.

How is it that they are so afraid you? Could it be that you know the Facilities Director's job better than he does? Maybe it's because you choose to tell the truth concerning an Assistant Superintendant's poor, if not illegal, decisions and business dealings. Or could it be that you have a blog site that has been embarrassing them with the truth? I think it's all of the above. Keep up the good work Mark. Thank you for all your hard, and honest, work.

Anonymous said...

Great article!

Anonymous said...

If you wrote a book, I would buy it.

Anonymous said...

This has been and continues to be fully orchestrated by Marla Miller - but she is completely tone deaf!

Anonymous said...

The good news is that you should be accruing vacation time and years of service. Oh wait! You'll have to take them to small claims court if you want to actually get paid for what you earned.

Anonymous said...

.....and I would be second in line!

Anonymous said...

If you two are ahead of me, when do I see my pay? I was told I was priority. Bet I'm special.

Anonymous said...

Working for a goof ball.Someone that has no balls. I think someones balls are over at foodservice or HR. they just want some balls for them self. Balls to the wall. Remember ball players you started this! you will have only time to say hello to some of my little friends. I can't wait to see all the players start singing. You guys will start rolling on each other! Read all about it at 5 that is KING 5. I hope you get sleep at night, I do.

ESD15.org said...

District's legal minds are attempting to mitigate their exposure to damages. If the District could have found a reason to fire me on their own, the damages for loss of income would be confined to the space between the constructive termination and their discovery of a reason to terminate me outright.

While they hope to reduce exposure, they actually are establishing a standard that no other employee can cross. Guess what my legal team will be doing right after a threshold is established?

ESD15.org said...

By the way, my personnel file is packed with praises and thank you cards. It would have been highly unlikely for the District to target my conduct for investigation. But then, how can anyone explain what the District is thinking from moment to moment.

Anonymous said...

I nominated MM for the "SCHRAMY" Award, from Ken Schram! (TV personality).

Anonymous said...

I nominated MM for the "SCHRAMY" Award, from Ken Schram! (TV personality).

Anonymous said...

I don't believe you have been fired. How about all of the cast in the conflict of interest camp though? How about all of their stealing from the district? Just pointing out that stealing can be done in many forms. Let me see, hmmmm? Keep up the good work!