Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Now is the time to write to your legislator.

Rosemary,

I am writing to request an investigation into the manner in which the Edmonds School District does business. I recently saw a report on King 5 that contributes significantly toward what I already knew about the District. There have been abuses by management in human resources, property management, capital construction and business and operations. The place is swimming in scandals and there is an atmosphere of dishonesty that needs to be corrected.

If all of these things are purely works of imagination, the District deserves to have their name cleared so they can get back to business. The District claims they have done nothing wrong in giving money away to friends. The Auditor claims that such government waste is "executive privilege". What hope does the taxpayer have if our rules and regulations cannot protect us from thieves and scoundrels.

We thought the school board was an obvious cog in the wheel toward a meaningful solution, but they have violated at least a dozen board policies in an effort to maintain their corrupt regime and stay in power without regard for common sense or decency.

Please help us get to the bottom of these scandals.

Amber

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wrote to Senator McAuliffe. Let's see how many people post that they did too.

Anonymous said...

I wrote also.

Anonymous said...

I also sent one. I am emailing it to Mark to post - if he wants to.

Anonymous said...

Me too! Now's the time folks. Exercise your freedom of speach. As the saying goes: Use it or Lose it!

Anonymous said...

Keep those cards and letters comin', folks. If we show no concern, neither will the authorities.

And kudos to Mark for continuing to work the problem, bringing it to the attention of people who might have the power and desire to do something to correct the situation.

Anonymous said...

I just sent an email and so did my husband.

Power to the people!

Anonymous said...

I sent an e-mail to Ms. McAuliffe as well with a copy to Mark. I hope this is the beginning of a remedy to a tragic situation at Edmonds School District: dishonesty/bullying/lying/theft, and heaven forbid, Poronography on District computers! Mark has given countless hours to the creation of the Weblog and tireless hours in the up-keep of the site.

Anonymous said...

Ms Miller,
You need to work on your answers sister.
First thing Marla, take a deep breath before you speak.
You looked like you were lying in the King5 interview.
One more thing sister: " A half-truth is a whole lie".
OK, one more thing: Your Mom & Dad must be proud.

Anonymous said...

I sent an email and will also and plan on sending to others in SPI.

Anonymous said...

I just sent an email and left a voice message.

Anonymous said...

Marla did not represent our district very well in her interview for King5. I heard she was interviewed for 4 hours that's why she looked like crap! She wore black which was the worst color for her and she never did look straight into the camera which makes me think she was lying. My mom always said if you don't look me in the eye then I know your are lying. Could mom be right? Marla needs to take responsibility for her misuse of taxpayers monies and step down. She has had all the important documents shredded so she can walk away and when the files are gone thru by the new hire they won't find anything incriminating. She has had many employees on the hot sit with her power and authority so now it was her turn to feel how it FEELS! I have a list of our employees in Olympia and Washington I will be emailing this evening. Thanks for doing what your doing Mark!

ESD15.org said...

Thank you for your support.

Anonymous said...

I called and wrote.