Saturday, October 25, 2008

Comments are stamped with the date and time.

It is worth mentioning that comments submitted to the blog are stamped with the date and time they were submitted. As moderator, I cannot alter the comment or the date and time the blog received it. I can just reject the comment or publish it - those are my only two choices.

If contributors wish to attach their name to a comment, please pay attention to the time the comment was submitted. The District may claim they have no problem with your expression of free speech, but just make sure it isn't "on the clock" or while using a district computer.

If you have something to say during business hours, you can use a private, non-District email account and mail it to mark@esd15.org. Of course, as is always the case, I would prefer not to know who you are, but if you want to use your name, and want it posted along with your comment, I will be happy to do that for you.

It is also worth mentioning that anything sent to my email address has a set shelf life. In order to conserve space and not bog down my account, all email is automatically deleted after 30 days.

When I wrote my Letter to the Editor of the Edmonds Beacon that appeared on March 22, 2007, I was using my own computer and wrote the entire letter on my own time. I was expressing a personal opinion that had nothing to do with the District and yet - still - management felt they owned the contents of my head and every moment of my life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That goes two ways, they have emails too.

Anonymous said...

Bog down the district, with public disclosuers.

Anonymous said...

what ever happened to the request for the whereabouts of the pianos?

ESD15.org said...

It is a good question. Where are all of those pianos? Can anyone tell us where these 14 pianos ended up?

Anonymous said...

I thought somebody said they were going to do a public disclosure request. Wonder if the auditors looked for them?